The Financial Accountant will act as a member of the Openwork Finance team, helping it to achieve its operational objectives and ensuring that it delivers a high quality and cost-effective service to the business.
- Support the month end reporting process and subsequent analysis, leading the reporting process for smaller subsidiaries.
- Preparation of regulatory reporting and completion of returns for sign-off.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, quarterly Corporation Tax estimates and annual Corporation Tax computations.
- Support preparation of annual statutory accounts for the Group and 7 subsidiaries, leading the audit work of smaller subsidiaries.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of MI packs for reporting to the board and presentation of results at management committees.
- Prepare MI for debt committee and complaints provisioning group.
- Create and maintain successful relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to financial or regulatory reporting.
What will you need to succeed?
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACA).
- From a Practice background, ready to build a career in Industry.
- Experience of working in a financial accounting role within a large organisation, ideally with exposure to the Financial Services sector and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation.
- Experience of HMRC and FCA reporting.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP advantageous.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Awareness of market and financial risk.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Flexible attitude; willing to support team members with cover and assistance.
- Able to build relationships with other business areas and external stakeholders.
- Competent time management skills; able to prioritise, resource, and plan workload; willing to take initiative.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced and growing business with huge ambition. And we believe this is all made possible by the brilliant people who are part of the Openwork family. We’re investing heavily in the development of our people, continuously striving to give them the platform to reach their full potential. We’re also very proud of our culture, having recently placed in the Top 100 Best Companies to work for, coming 25th in the South West!
On top of offering a great place to work with bags of development opportunities, we also offer a highly attractive benefits package to reward you for your hard work, which includes a competitive base salary, bonus, enhanced pension, critical illness cover, income protection and a range of other flexible benefits.
Please apply by sending your CV, alongside a cover note including your salary expectations and availability.