This role requires a high level of innovative analytical thinking coupled with accomplished problem solving, strong technical capability, presentation skills, reporting expertise and a competent communicator.
The role will involve meeting internal Clients and understanding their challenges and developing analytical solutions to these challenges
- production of agreed detailed analytical briefs
- define the nature of the solution, timings and resource requirements
- development and delivery of the agreed analytical solution
- the write up, presentation and delivery of conclusions and results.
As part of the Partnership Strategy team the Insight Analyst will be expected to provide a guiding role for the Business on what work could be achieved, write the analysis section of any proposals and proactively offer suggestions of additional analysis work.
The Insight Analyst needs to be a highly competent communicator, able to demonstrate the value of using insight to drive profitable business decisions and putting insight in context of a wider marketing strategy to support the growth and development the Partnership Channels – the execution only digital channel and the F2F advice channels.
The ability to manage a complex workload and take the initiative, engage with senior stakeholders. In addition, you will be a strong team player, sharing information and ideas and supporting colleagues as part of a multi-functional team having a direct and recognisable role in helping the business evolve and grow in this exciting period in its development
- Analytical services development for all our internal clients.
- Delivery of both reactive and proactive analysis projects to the Business demonstrating the incremental Business value achieved.
- Creation and delivery of analytical presentations in a clear business focused manner.
- The extraction of data using SQL and or other ETL platforms and subsequent carrying out of analysis work using appropriate analytical tools.
- Key analytical areas required
- Knowledge of data structures – online and offline
- Extract, clean and manipulate data
- Creation of data briefs
- Analyse internal and external customer and consumer data
- Manipulate, summarise, profile, graph, trend, journey analysis, map data (etc)
- Customer contact design and analysis
- Provide ongoing customer dashboards
- Develop internal data assets
- Advanced analytics on internal and external customer and consumer data
- Predictive algorithmic modelling, segmentation, forecasting, optimisation strategy
- To be the contact on day to day issues for specific projects in which they are involved.
- For new analytical projects, be the main point of contact for ideas and suggestions as well as proposal preparation for analytical and insight work.
- Work in an integrated, focused and clear partnership with the wider organisation
- Keeping up to speed in the use of the latest analytical techniques and software.
Key Performance Indicators
- Market knowledge
- Internal and external data and systems knowledge
- Knowledge of optimal analytical techniques and tools and associated utilisation
- Simultaneous big picture and granular thinker
- Advanced problem solver
- Analytical innovation
- Pattern and trend recognition
- Pragmatic and flexible use of analytics
- Ability to simplify, explain and apply complex analytical solutions to solve Business challenges
- Strong communicator and presentation writer
- Powers of debate and persuasion to get your points heard and understood – facilitating action from insight and commercial story-telling
- Collegiate team player
- Working closely with all business areas including Governance, Marketing, Product Propositions and business channels
- Reports to Partnership Strategy Director
- Colleagues in the Partnership Channel Team
- Third party Client and Adviser Firm data providers
- GDPR team
- Practice Principals
- Product providers
- Third party data providers
- Analytical partners
- Application of analytical solutions to deliver incremental Business understanding and benefit
- Provision of information suite that enhances and optimises Client and Adviser Firms’ experience and journey with Openwork
- The role requires background in analysis with an appropriate degree level qualification or equivalent experience preferred.
- Highly accomplished problem solving, communication, proposal writing & presentation skills along with a customer focussed approach.
- Rigorous and thorough with strong attention to detail
- 2 years+ client and/or agency analysis role utilising analytical techniques to drive business benefit with proven returns.
- Preferably with multi-channel expertise and direct experience of marketing and sales support activities.
- Proven SQL skills and regular use of SQL platforms in previous roles are essential for this role.
- Proven experience in a minimum of 2 key analytical tools across SAS, SPSS, R and Python are required.
- Experience of BI tools advantageous – Power BI, Tableau etc.
- The candidate should have experience of utilising a variety of analytical and statistical techniques including some of Linear and non-Linear Regression Modelling, Experimental Design, Dimensionality Reduction, Decision Trees, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Bayesian Techniques, Genetic Algorithms, Random Forest modelling, Gradient Boosting techniques, Ensemble modelling, Conjoint Analysis, Mapping, Forecasting, Econometric modelling and Survival Analysis.
- Ability to balance pragmatism with analytical precision understanding financial implications and willing to take calculated risks
- Confident and assertive but able to communicate decisions diplomatically
- Experience in multi-site, multiple revenue line and product mix reporting and analysis
- Self-motivated, able to see opportunities for development and improvement and take these forward
- Able to work to tight deadlines, and deliver accurate results under pressure
- Knowledge of analysis/insight mandatory
- Knowledge of financial services desirable
- Knowledge of products and services desirable
Skills and competencies
- Motivated self-starter
- Collaborative and open team player
- Effective communicator
- Pragmatic and flexible
- Logical and analytical
- Results focused
- Innovative problem solver
- Strategic and detailed thinker
Be a role model and promote behaviours in support of the Openwork principles and characteristics of delivering service.
We understand what our Advisers and Customers need and shape our services to improve customer outcomes. We pride ourselves on consistently providing great customer experiences.
We have a ‘can do’ team spirit and are united by a shared vision for Openwork and we play our part in achieving it. We genuinely collaborate across teams to ensure that happens. Agile, flexible and collaborative working practices help us drive greater efficiencies.
We always act with integrity and do the right thing. We inspire trust with our ethical and transparent approach.
We use our expertise to develop innovate solutions for our customers. We strive to be thought leaders who stand out from our competitors. Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety and Financial Conduct Authority Standards. Working at all times in accordance with procedures, group/company policy, company security policy and processes.
Applying and more information
If you would like more information, or to apply, send an email attaching your CV to Sean Ingram (firstname.lastname@example.org).