Responsible for day-to-day delivery of the Mortgage & Protection & GI Channel Marketing Strategy, including proposition development and deployment, product communications and marketing campaigns, to advisers, clients and relevant stakeholders - ensuring these are completed to a consistently high standard, on time and within budget.
This role covers delivery responsibilities across Openwork and the panel of M&P providers.
- Support in the development and manage delivery of the annual M&P Marketing Strategy and communications plan.
- Work with Insight/Decision Science and Marketing Communications to devise and deliver targeted product campaigns that drive lead and revenue generation for advisers and Openwork.
- Input to the development of new M&P marketing collateral and campaigns (print & digital) and take ownership of key tasks to ensure these are delivered to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Maintain up-to-date M&P product proposition content on Openwork’s Adviser portal.
- Management of PR and digital campaigns, including where relevant social media content, on behalf of the M&P channel.
- To ensure communications and marketing material is written and produced to required Openwork standards and is regulatorily compliant.
- Understand how all marketing collateral is used by advisers and customers, recommending changes as appropriate.
- Work with external Panel Providers and internal senior stakeholder to develop new innovative and market leading product propositions and devise go-to-market strategies in conjunction with the Channel Head and other stakeholders
- Delivery of the campaign targets set for Marketing at the start of the planning cycle
- Maintenance of M&P marketing materials/content and product proposition communications to required standards, timescales and budget.
- Positive feedback from advisers (and clients where relevant) on the quality of M&P marketing
- Appraisal performance rating.
- Build and maintain professional and effective relationships with the following stakeholder groups.
- Liaises with staff across Openwork as necessary to perform role, Marketing functions, advice process and compliance.
- Liaises with advisers as necessary to perform role.
- Builds network of staff and adviser relationships to help perform role.
- Liaises with product providers, and technology partners that are connected with the M&P proposition
- Liaises with external suppliers such as creative agencies and production companies.
- Day-to-day operational decision taking to perform role within defined authority limits.
- Self-managed in time management.
- Proactively develops solutions to meet business needs.
Experience / Qualifications
- Marketing or communications qualification (ideally degree or equivalent).
- A minimum of three years' experience in a marketing or communications role with a M&P manufacturer, provider, distributor or retailer.
- B2B experience, B2B2C experience ideally – communicating to consumers via third parties
- At least 3 years’ experience within Financial Services
- CEMAP 3 (Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice – Level 3) would be good
- CIM qualification would be helpful
- A strong understanding of our business goals and structure; overall business climate (including competitors) and; the market opportunities and threats that Openwork faces.
- Adequate technical knowledge to understand and communicate to required audiences.
- An appreciation of FCA regulations regarding marketing of financial advice and lending, protection and insurance products.
- A solid understanding of current marketing principles and their application.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interpret technical or strategic information into simple, straightforward plain English appropriate for target audience.
- Experience of using content management systems to publish online content.
- Some experience of creative agency management and an appreciation of print and online content production processes.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to prioritise on own initiative.
- Proven track record for delivery to deadline.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organisation.
Building a high-performance culture starts with having a common set of values that we all demonstrate day in day out. Our CORE values empower us to break down barriers and enable everyone in the business to make a difference.
- We understand our Advisers’ and Customers’ needs and shape our services to improve outcomes
- We pride ourselves on being ‘easy to do business’ with
- We have a ‘can do’ team spirit and are united by a shared vision
- Agile flexible and collaborative working practices help us drive greater efficiencies
- We always act with integrity and do the right thing
- We inspire trust with our ethical and transparent approach
- We use our expertise to develop innovative solutions for our customers
- We strive to be thought leaders who stand out from other companies
- Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Financial Crime, Code of Conduct, TCF, Health and Safety and Financial Services Authority Standards.
- Working at all times in accordance with procedures and company policy